Friday, April 20, 2018

Travel Snacks

I researched a lot for our road trip, especially since we were going to be in the car for approximately 40 hours total. One of the things that I probably read a good 10 blog posts or more about was Travel Snacks. I wanted to know what everyone else brought so that I could use their food/snacks as inspiration for what we should bring. I started making a list WEEKS before we left. My husband helped me come up with some ideas. I noticed that a lot of people that made these lists were really focused on healthy food items. And while I don't like to eat like crap on my vacations, I like to have a nice mix of healthy and junk foods. Otherwise, I'll be craving something sweet and end up buying something way worse than a cookie. Here's what we came up with!

Meats:
1. summer sausage
2. beef jerky
3. beef stick (slim jim)
4. pepperonis
Crackers:
5. Seasoned crackers
6. wheat thins
7. roasted garlic triscuits
8. chex mix
In The Cooler:
9. Veggies (broccoli, carrots, celery, cucumbers, red peppers)
10. Dill Dip (for the veggies)
11. Fruit (bananas, raspberries)
12. Go-Gurt
13. Laughing Cow Cream Cheese Wedges
14. cheese cubes
Desserts:
15. Milano cookies
16. zebra cakes
17. chocolate chip cookies
18. Pudding
19. Jell-O
Other:
20. applesauce
21. variety pack of chips

We also brought things to make sandwiches for when we were on the road during lunch. We didn't want to stop at fast food restaurants so we figured sandwiches would be cheaper and healthier. And these snacks lasted us our entire trip! We definitely didn't go hungry.

What are some of the snacks you bring on a road trip?

No comments:

Post a Comment