Friday, April 27, 2018

Universal Studio Resort as a Plus-Size Woman

3 years ago, I had trouble on a couple rides. And by trouble, I mean that I couldn't ride some of them. It didn't bum me out too bad because I knew that was a big possibility. And I wanted to let everyone know about my experience, but I quickly forgot about it because I was a little embarrased. Well, I don't care that much anymore. I'm roughly the same size now that I was then. And in case you were wondering, I do eat healthy and I do work out. I'm just fat. Oh well!

Here are my stats:
Height: 5 foot 6 inches
Weight: 324 pounds
Bust: 53 inches
Hips: 57 inches
Thighs: 50 inches
Pant Size: 24
And here's a picture of me in all my fat glory!

Rides that we rode:
Universal Studios –
1. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
I wasn't able to ride this. I feel like it was close, but I just couldn't get it to close. I mostly have troubles with the ones that close over your head.
2. MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack
I fit on this one just fine. No problems!
3. Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster
I didn't have any troubles fitting on this one, but it definitely felt safer to ride it by myself and to have my son sit with my husband instead.
4. E.T. Adventure
So, I was able to fit on this, but not comfortably at all! This ride squeezed my hips so bad, I almost couldn't make it through the whole thing!
5. Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
I had zero issues fitting on this ride.
6. TRANSFORMERS: The Ride 3-D
Again, this ride is pretty easy to fit in. I love those bench seats!

Islands of Adventure –
7. Skull Island: Reign of Kong
There are no kinds of restraints on this one and it's a bench seat so there were no fit issues.
8. The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
This is another bench seat that I had no problems with.
9. Jurassic Park River Adventure
No fit issues on this bench seat.
10. Flight of the Hippogriff
This one fit exactly like Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster. I fit fine, but I'm more comfortable with my son riding with his father.
11. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
I tried the test seat outside of this one and just couldn't make it. I tried, but it didn't close to the point that I could ride.
12. The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
No fit issues on this one either.

Now, there are plenty more rides that we didn't go on. But this is my personal experience from our most recent trip. On our last trip, I also rode Cat in the Hat, Pteranodon Flyers, and the Simpson's Ride. You shouldn't have any problems with those. Basically, the rule for me is: if there's a test seat, I probably won't fit. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment