Sunday, May 21, 2017

Recipe: Seasoned Crackers

My grandma used to make these all the time and I absolutely love the taste. Now that she has passed, it is up to me to keep up the tradition. We make seasoned crackers for holidays and vacations. I'm not sure why those are the big cracker times for us, but it's tradition!


Ingredients:
2 bags of oyster crackers
1 cup oil (I use vegetable)
1 teaspoon dill weed
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 ranch packet

Step 1: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Put foil over 2 baking sheets.
Step 2: Mix all ingredients except crackers together in a small bowl. Put crackers in a paper bag and pour oil mixture over top. Shake until crackers are coated with mixture.
Step 3: Pour crackers onto baking sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Keep a good eye on them though. In my oven, this is an accurate time, but I noticed when baking them in my MIL's oven that they browned very fast. You don't want the crackers to brown very much. Baking them is more just to dry out the oil.
Let cool. Serve! They're delicious...and very addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment