Saturday, March 17, 2018

Recipe: Biscuits and Gravy

Shoot! I got behind and wasn't able to post last weekend so I'm going to make an attempt to do double posts this weekend to make up for it! So first up is a recipe!

My husband's favorite breakfast of all time is biscuits and gravy. And not just any gravy. It has to be my homemade sausage gravy. He tried. He really did. He's ordered many biscuits and gravy from different restaurants and none compare to the deliciousness that is my recipe. And in my opinion, there is no excuse for that because this is SUPER EASY to make! So here I am, sharing my great (and incredibly simple) recipe for my awesome gravy.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground sausage (I prefer mild, but some people like spicy)
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
8 count can of biscuits (or homemade if you're that awesome)

Steps:
1. Bake your biscuits according to the instructions on the can (or make your own).
2. Brown the sausage.
3. Mix in the flour until it's dissolved.
4. Add the milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir often.
5. Keep cooking until your gravy is the consistency that you desire (5-10 minutes).
6. EAT! I cut open my biscuit and cover both halves with gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment