Sunday, August 20, 2017

Magnetic Me

We just went on a super fun road trip! We were on the road for over 40 hours total. That's a lot of down time to be doing lots of random things to keep busy and not be bored. Plus, we had a 7-year-old with us! Lots of time in a car can make for a very cranky child. So I set out to make some homemade travel gifts to save some money. Now, if you have to buy everything for this, it won't really save you much money, but it will still be a fun toy for your kids. And since it's magnetic, the pieces won't fall and get lost in the car! Yay. Win-Win.

So what we're making today is a tin box with a picture of your child in it and fun magnetic disguises. We had bought our magnetic disguises from Amazon about 2 years ago. They are so much fun on the fridge (especially when our elf comes at Christmas). I figured, we could always put them back on the fridge after our vacation, but keep the tin to put them in anytime we want to take them with us. Easy, right?

Honestly, the hardest part was finding the tin! I had thought about using an altoid tin, but I just don't like altoids so I didn't want to buy something I wouldn't use. Then, I thought about those tins of puzzles you can get from Dollar Tree. That sounded like the best option so I went to look for them. Ours was sold out! Bummer. I went to check at another Dollar Tree and they were also sold out! I thought all hope was lost when I came across this Emergency Fashion Kit at Dollar Tree. It was perfect! I didn't really care what the outside looked like (but it was a plus that it was cute).

Anyway, I printed a cute picture of my son and cut it down to fit the tin. Then, I used some hot glue to keep the picture in place. Then, I filled the tin with the disguises. And Done! So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment