Saturday, January 20, 2018

Recipe: Caramel Apple Moscow Mule

Sometimes, my family needs to schedule our Christmas celebration on a day other than Christmas in order for everyone to be able to see all of their families (think in-laws). This year, we had our get-together the Saturday after Christmas. And since we had all eaten such big, traditional meals on Christmas, we decided to do a bunch of appetizers. I brought a maple pecan dessert dip with nilla wafers and teddy grahams, eggnog, and ham and cheese croissants. There was more than enough food. But you know what really sticks out in my mind? It was the caramel apple moscow mules that my sister made! They were delicious! Here's how she made them:

3 parts apple cider
2 parts ginger beer
1 part caramel vodka
splash of caramel syrup
stir with a cinnamon stick
garnish with an apple slice

I'm not a huge drinker, but I had about 3 of these! They were so good! If you think it's a little sweet, you can leave out the caramel syrup. There were a couple people who left out the cinnamon stick (but I think it helps to cover the ginger beer taste – which I'm not a fan of). I hope you'll make this drink at your next get-together. It was definitely a hit with our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment