Sunday, February 25, 2018

Review: The Original Pancake House


For Valentine's Day, we had the great pleasure of attending the soft opening of Normal's very first Original Pancake House. And it was great! I've been able to attend a couple different soft openings, and this was by far the best! The food was amazing. I mean, I've never had such a great omelet! I was so full after eating it. There were a couple hiccups: the main one being that our food didn't come out all at the same time. It didn't really matter to me, but for my husband, he's convinced that his meal would have been much better had it all come out at the same time. The potato pancakes just aren't that great in my opinion, but I'm sure with corned beef hash on top and some eggs on top, they taste much better. My build-your-own omelet with cheddar cheese, mushrooms, spinach, and bacon was amazing. And of course, the pancakes were great. But really, how do you screw up pancakes? And every employee we interacted with was very pleasant and helpful. Oh and the fresh squeezed orange juice is my definite go-to drink here from now on! They officially opened on Monday, February 19th, 2018. So if you get the pleasure of visiting, just know, you'll have a great experience in Normal, IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment