Saturday, February 24, 2018

Home Depot Kids Workshops

I LOVE Home Depot Kids Workshops. I mean, like really love them! They occur every single month on the first Saturday of the month from 9am to noon. And there's no reason to try and get there right at 9am because they always have plenty of kits! (Or at least they do where I live.) We always have tons of fun. We always see most people put their kits together and then let their kids just go wild with the paint. And I'm so happy for them that their kids are having a great time. But my weirdo family is full of perfectionists so we usually paint the different pieces first, do a coloring page or something while they dry, and then put our kit together. But to each their own, right? I really feel like these little kits are a great teaching tool in following directions and a beginning lesson in using tools. Plus, they're a cute little project that your kid can use and be proud of. And sometimes, they make great gifts for parents and grandparents!

Here are some that we've done in the past.





And now, we're gearing up and planning the rest of our 2018 so I loved that they had a list (with pictures) out at the February workshop. You will (most likely) never see this list again! So I took a picture for you. Here's what we have to look forward to:

I highly recommend you take your kids aged 3-12 to these workshops. They'll receive safety goggles and an apron at their first workshop and after every project they complete, kids also receive a pin to put on their apron.

No comments:

Post a Comment