Sunday, February 18, 2018

Yoga with your Kids

I'm not a huge fan of working out. I just don't love it. I feel like there are so many people out there that are just obsessed with working out and I just can't seem to get into it. But that doesn't mean that I can't try to get my kid into it, right? And I'm trying to do it with him so that even though I might not like it, I'm getting a little something out of it too. And lately, we've been doing some yoga. The first introduction my son had to yoga was actually at Great Wolf Lodge when we went to the Wisconsin Dells with my sister and her family. Afterwards, they sent us home with a poster showing some yoga poses. Well, we decided to break out our poster and work on some of these poses. Now, we try to do yoga at least once a week as part of our workout. Here are just some of the poses that we do: tree, butterfly, flower, downward facing dog, and upward facing dog.

Honestly, I've seen the same poses with many different names. And we're always looking for new poses to try. Some of them are little too difficult for us, so we just modify them to the point where we can do them. We also like to do each pose for a 10-count and cycle through about 3-4 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment